Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
1. After 2-3 hours, wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap and gently remove the bandage. Carefully apply a soft lather with mild antibacterial liquid soap then rinse with warm water.
2. Allow tattoo to air dry whenever possible or use a paper towel to gently blot dry. Do not re-bandage tattoo
3. Gently rub in a small amount of Aquaphor, A & D ointment (or any water based, unscented lotion of your choice), being careful to add more only if needed.
WASH HANDS & TATTOO BEFORE REAPPLYING AFTERCARE LOTIONS
REPEAT THESE INSTRUCTIONS 2-3 TIMES A DAY UNTIL TATTOO IS HEALED
• Avoid tight-fitting or abrasive clothing worn over the tattoo. If you find that cloth has stuck/dried to the tattoo, wet cloth thoroughly and carefully pull the cloth away. Repeat aftercare instructions.
• Do not itch your tattoo. Pat around the tattoo to alleviate the itching sensation.
• Keep pets and pet hair/dander away from your tattoo
• Use fresh bedsheets/pillowcases & wear clean clothing.
• Do not pick at any flaking/scabs that may occur.
• Do not submerge your tattoo in water. Baths, hot tubs, and all swimming should be avoided until healing is complete.
• No tanning or excessive direct sunlight until healing is complete. Liberal use of sunscreen (SPF 25+) is recommended after tattoo is healed.
• Adjust to the needs of your skin and do not hesitate to ask your artist questions.